Welcome to Taranaki TimeBank
Taranaki TimeBank believes that every person has talents and gifts to share and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbours help one another.
A Timebank functions on the premise that for every hour that you help meet the needs of another TimeBank member or organisation, you earn a time credit hour for the exchange.
Your time credit can then be redeemed for services offered by other members or organisations.
Taranaki Timebank is a simple and yet profound exchange mechanism which sees every member on equal footing - one hour of my time is equal to one hour of your time - regardless of what we do.
We look forward to meeting you soon and building and weaving our community together - one hour at a time!
The Taranaki TimeBank is enthusiastically supported by
Imagine Better & Community Taranaki
New member joining process: There are two ways to become a member of the Taranaki TimeBank. (i) Scroll down and 'create a login and fill out your member profile' directly off this page, or (ii) call or txt one of our coordinators: Tony (0274) 934 601 or Paul (021) 023 49 793 you can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have made your initial contact the next steps are:
(i) complete and return a short registration form and nominate two referees we can talk with
(ii) pay a $10 annual joining fee (or trade one hour) which goes directly to the administration of the time bank
(iii) attend a one hour orientation session for new members (this will earn you your first time credit)
(iv) sign our 'Taranaki TimeBank membership Agreement' which outlines the collective agreements all members make to each other
(v) you'll be activated as a full Taranaki TimeBank member and can begin active time trading
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.